Beauty

                        ^
The Vid            |

Drive Link W/Poem:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dzLVefivCQIzR_WAKhSCo2_c6LLgOOZpVRRUL-yUW-0/edit


This project was honestly therapeutic. As a Poet, this prompt was easy to write about and really got my creative juices flowing. Sadly, production didn't go very well due to my negligence and because I didn't pay attention. At first, the videos included Josh and Vanessa to make the topics of each stanza of the poem "come to life", and those clips came out very well. However, I shot it vertically, which you said explicitly not to do. To add insult to injury, both of my "actors" are nearing the end of their college semester, and thus have exams to worry about. On top of this, I did not follow the filmmaking schedule I set at the beginning of my production, and my shortsightedness cam back to bite me. However, with what I had available I quite enjoyed how the final product came out. I tried to use a slow-motion element in some of the shots, but aside from that, I used no filming techniques. This film is about as basic as humanly possible, but as I stated before, it would have been so much better had I paid more attention. But there IS a silver lining. On films, I tend to screw-up in some way, but I have been trying more and more to eliminate these screw-ups and in this regard, I feel as if my work has generally improved over the course of the year. I'm also more comfortable with editing, which was incredibly easy for this particular film.

Comments